Allergens Found in Our Home Bakery:
- Nuts and Nut By-Products
- Eggs and Egg By-Products
- Milk and Dairy Products
- FD&C Yellow #5
- We require payment in full for any non-custom or themed cupcakes, macarons, sugar cookies, cake pops, chocolate covered fruit, mini cakes, and drip cakes. Only after confirmation of payment can we schedule a date for pick up or delivery.
- Custom or themed orders require a 50% nonrefundable deposit. This deposit/payment will be due at the time of ordering. The rest of payment will be due at time of pickup.
Refunds / Exchanges
- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for custom orders.
- In the occurrence that you do not like your non-custom baked good, you must notify the shop within 24 hours of receiving your good. We do not offer cash back, you will receive a voucher in the amount you paid to use towards your next order.
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and signed for it, it is considered “accepted” – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are fragile, and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below.
- Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up – please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of KJ’s Gourmet Bakery. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. *Store credit percentage are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 24 hours.
Cancellation / Changes
- Changes and cancellations to retail orders are accepted until 120 hours (5 days) prior to scheduled pick up time. No refunds will be provided for any payments made on the order no matter the amount – if canceled at least 120 hours in advance we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date. We will provide no other refunds regardless the circumstances.
Guarantee / Disclaimer
- We do all that we can to make sure that your custom order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cupcakes, cake, or any other baked good, any adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
- Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.
All orders are subject to these policies listed above.